IWS has a number of scholarship funds in which you may consider investing your donations. These funds enable IWS to help qualified students bridge the gap between tuition costs and their available financial resources, as well as recognize outstanding academic achievement. The IWS Scholarship/Grant Fund is the primary fund from which funds are disbursed for merit-based scholarships (e.g. the President’s Scholarship and the Dean’s Scholarship) and need-based grants. Financial aid is awarded by the Financial Aid Committee according to procedures adopted by the Administration and the parameters set for each fund.
To give to a fund listed below, use the Scholarship Giving form and indicate in the Donor Comment box which fund should be credited.
- The Emmanuel & Juliana Bileya Memorial Fund
Emmanuel was a student in the thesis phase of his studies when he, his wife Juliana, and their unborn child were martyred in 2020. This fund was established to disburse financial aid to deserving students from Africa (priority is given to those who minister in contexts where poverty, oppression, and conflict are experienced.
- Woody W. Nail Scholarship Fund
A member of the Phi cohort, Woody graduated from the D.W.S. program in 2012. This fund was established to disburse financial aid to qualified and deserving students.
- Gordon Jensen Scholarship Fund
Gordon was IWS’ first A/V technical director, a faithful member of the Festival Choir, and longtime supporter of the Institute. This fund was established to disburse financial aid to qualified and deserving students.
- Rev. Dr. C. Wayne Freeberg Scholarship Fund
Wayne had served 16 years as a Trustee at the time of his death. This fund was established to disburse financial aid to qualified and deserving students.
- Jim and Bunny Cannon Fund
This endowed fund was set up in honor of a longtime host family. Its proceeds will be disbursed as financial aid for students who are senior pastors.
- David K. Witt and Max Davidson Scholarship Fund
David was an IWS trustee at the time of his death in 2014. This fund was established to disburse financial aid to deserving choral musicians.
- Ruby Cherry Scholarship Fund
This fund was established in memory of Ruby Cherry, mother of IWS professor Dr. Constance Cherry, in order to provide financial aid for deserving students from outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Dr. David & Mrs. Lois Pannabecker Scholarship Fund
A member of the Theta cohort, David graduated from the D.W.S. program in 2005. This fund was established in his memory to disburse financial aid to deserving students from outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Roadmaps for Worship Scholarship Fund
for deserving students who have attended Azusa Pacific University
- CDR Rick Murray Memorial Fund
for deserving organ and/or choral musicians, distributed equally to one male and one female student per semester
- Sherry Murray Memorial Fund
for deserving female students who display genuine need, with preference given for those seeking or in ordained ministry
- John F. Sasen and Sarah Sasen Monaco Scholarship Fund
for deserving Roman Catholic students who demonstrate financial need and/or particular merit
- Wesleyan Fund
for deserving students who are Wesleyan by membership
- Robert J. and Erica J. Rispoli Honorary Scholarship Fund
for qualified masters-level students from the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S.
- Sheldon A. and Nancy H. Morris Scholarship Fund
first gift restricted to students from South/Southeast Asia
- Dr. George P. and Lin Moore Scholarship Fund
In memory of Lin Scroggs Moore – for deserving students from South America
- E. Harold and C. Ella Munn Scholarship Fund
for deserving student leaders who firmly hold to the biblically orthodox understanding of both doctrine and discipline
- Robert George Scholarship Fund
- Stanley Grenz Scholarship Fund
- Karen Carpenter Scholarship Fund
- Lindsell Scholarship Fund
- Jim and Judy Dodge Fund
- Dr. Milt and Mrs. Helen Henderson Fund
- Darrell and Janet Harris Scholarship Fund
- Pat Dorflinger Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Gerald and Doris Borchert Prize for Worship Research
- Floyd and Mary Sharp Scholarship Fund
- Wendy and Brad Layland Scholarship Fund
- Julie Gibson Scholarship Fund
These named funds are disbursed according to the restrictions put in place by their initial donors:
The following named funds may be awarded based on merit or demonstrated need, as specified by donors: