All services for the January 2021 session will stream live at 9:00 a.m. Students and faculty should participate in Thursday-Tuesday Chapels through the Canvas module to avoid conflicts with class requirements. Worship will stream live here at iws.edu/live as well as Facebook and YouTube. Times posted are USA Eastern Time.
Opening Convocation will stream live from the IWS campus on Wednesday, January 6 at 9:00 a.m. Moving the official kick-off of our intensive session to the morning will enable students across the globe to join in. A small music team will be led on campus by Dr. Jessica Coleman (DWS, 2016). The preacher will be IWS President Dr. James R. Hart. IWS has adopted protocols in conduction with our host church to ensure the safety of the group leading from campus.
Daily Chapel – “Invitations from God”
The first five morning chapel services will be pre-recorded to allow a variety of students, faculty, staff, and alumni to collaborate in leading, but streamed as though they were live to allow for interactive participation. These services will be available to students on demand for viewing in the morning for their local time zone.
- Thursday, January 7: The Invitation to be Known (Dr. Nancy Nethercott)
- Friday, January 8: The Invitation to Embrace Wisdom (Rev. Dr. Walter Brown)
- Saturday, January 9: The Invitation to be Present (Dr. Nancy Nethercott)
- Monday, January 11: The Invitation to Participate (Dr. Emily Vermilya)
- a href=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6Eb3tk9HY”>Tuesday, January 12: The Invitation to Come and See what God has Done (Rev. Dr. B.J. Hutto)
Closing Chapel: The Invitation to Linger
The final chapel service will stream live from the IWS campus on Wednesday, January 13 at 9:00 a.m. IWS Chaplain Dr. Nancy Nethercott will be the speaker.