Remembering The Rev. Dr. Robert “Bob” George, Jr.

The Institute for Worship Studies is sad to announce and mourn the passing of alumnus Bob George, a member of the Theta class who graduated in 2007.

Bob was a dedicated student and generous supporter of IWS. He graced IWS with the gift of a chalice and paten set that he crafted. 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy, he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade—kept in heaven for you…(I Pet. 1:3-4).

View the obituary for Bob here.

Online condolences may be expressed at http://www.geiselfuneral.com/.

About the author

The Rev. Dr. Constance Cherry is Acting President of The Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies, Professor Emeritus of Worship and Pastoral Ministry, and Affiliate Professor at Wesley Seminary, Indiana Wesleyan University. She is also a founding faculty member of The Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies, teaching DWS 702 every term since 2000.
1 Response
  1. Darrell A. Harris

Enjoy your rest in peace in the Everlasting Arms of the one who made you and loves you so dearly, Bob. I will miss our online interactions and will always cherish your friendship and our koinonia fellowship. I will always remember you to all who compliment me when I wear my “The truly educated never graduate” tee-shirt that you gave me the week before your IWS graduation. It is an cherished
    artifact of our friendship and is a treasure to me. Shalom shalom – until you rise in joy and we meet again~